Saturday 8 March 2014

Marshmallow Recipe

I thought I'd quickly add the Marshmallow recipe along with some pictures of the cake, just so you guys could get an idea of how to decorate and what the mallow should look like. This recipe is from the Primrose Bakery and is absolutely one of my favourite cake toppings to make. It's really easy to and I always use my leftovers to dollop in my coffee or hot chocolate,  just as a little treat mind. The mallow will keep in an air-tight container for a good 3-5 days. After that I do recommend dis-guarding.

Enjoy x

Ingredients
240g Granulated Sugar
160g Golden Syrup
  2tbsp water
  4 Egg Whites
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Food colouring of your choice  

Method
- Put the sugar, golden syrup and water into a pan and cook on a high heat for around 2 minutes. The mixture will thicken and turn golden and should slowly drip from a spoon. (The soft ball stage). 
-Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks start to form then keep beating while you slowly pour the hot sugar mixture into the bowl. 
- Continue beating at a higher speed until the mixture becomes thick, glossy and cool. Add the vanilla extract towards the end. (I added a drop of Wilton Rose food colouring at this point, then mixed in on a high speed until the icing was pale pink.)



1 comment:

  1. Hey there Noor,

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments. I had a look at your blog it's fab! Love your first video!

    Love
    Sabrina x

    ReplyDelete